Wednesday, February 15, 2006

23 Reasons Why I Love Zach (in no particular order)

1) I love that, while the rest of America watched the Super Bowl, Zach wept openly at Puppy Bowl, complete with the Kitty Half-Time Show.

2) I love that he sometimes will hide my socks in places like the medicine cabinet. Or on the bathroom door handle. Or stuffed into my pillow where I put my head, thankyouverymuch.

3) I love that when the Eurythmics song "Regrets" is on, he'll shake his finger admonishingly and chant "that's right that's right that's right that's right" along with Annie Lennox.

4) I love that he knows where things like countries are. Because I don't.

5) I love that when I'm trudging along with everyone else on the Metro trying to get home, that I get to go home to Zach. At the end of a craptastic day, this means a lot.

6) I love that Zach uses too little water when making spaghetti, and then overcompensates for his pasta-shortcomings by claiming I use too much water. (I totally don't.)

7) I love that Zach gave me a second chance after I totally stood him up on our first date.

8) I love our first date.

9) I love that when I've gone too far with my backseat driving, all it takes is the soothing voice of a papersack puppet to make things all okay again.

10) I love that Zach was there when mom decided we needed to kill the dog for Christmas.

11) I love that Zach believes in me, even when he doesn't always believe me.

12) I love that Zach thinks I know the answer to everything. I love it even more when it looks like I do.

13) I love how angry Zach got after a documentary about Fidel Castro where over-privileged white kids with Urban Outfitter backpacks and cell phones kept shouting, "¡Viva Fidel!" and "¡Viva la revolucion!"

14) I love that Zach let me drive without a license on my 29th birthday.

15) I love that Zach tears up at the mention of otters.

16) I love that Zach and I can never watch The Color Purple together because the movie still means too much to him.

17) I love Zach's horrified obsession with anesthesia. We watched a program on Discovery Health about people who woke up during surgery and he was so totally paralyzed with fear that I had to be the one to turn the channel.

18) I love that Zach won't eat Mexican fare and that he calls it "peasant food."

19) I love that Zach thinks he wears a 32 inseam.

20) I love that Zach loves board games as much as I do -- including Scrabble, Boggle, Trivial Pursuit, and Risk. Oh, and Uno.

21) I also love that Zach thinks that since I let him get away with P-R-I-Z-M once, he can go ahead and make up any number of additional words.

22) I love that he lets me sing loudly in the car.

23) I love that I didn't run out of reasons.

2 Comments:

Blogger kdmacken said...

You are beautiful. I love how you can make me laugh and break my heart at the exact same time (#10).
To you and Zach!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Aww, I would want to barf except that i recently made a similar list about Zach, umm, my boyfriend.

I feel the board games thing. Board games foster respect and vicious competition-- both necessary for beginning-of-the-relationship sex and for latr-on time killing, the latter not as depressing as it sounds.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home